Refund Scammed Through Ebay (Buyer Stole Horn From Me)

Report any thefts here, make them too hot to handle.
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Refund Scammed Through Ebay (Buyer Stole Horn From Me)

Post by Bradygoldminer »

I really needed to get this off of my chest but here it goes...
Around a month ago, I listed up a 3 chime model K horn up on ebay. I sold this horn as a Junker project due to it being on its last leg. I set it up as an auction and for some reason people thought it was worth a lot of money, which I don't understand why but you can literally get horns cheaper at the factory than used on ebay. The seller says I did a horrible job packing this thing, even though I packed it like super good, and made sure nothing would happen to the damn horn. A few days later I got a message at night, seller says the horn flare on the shortest assembly shattered off, and he wanted an entire refund for everything. (most of these buyers are annoying truck people and will use horns illegally), turns out, he manipulated my package to fraud me into getting his money back. I've seen people intentionally break things to get their money back, and just repair the broken merchandise for dirt cheap, it happens all the time. Funny thing is this horn was emitting not too dangerous amounts of radiation but somewhere in the middle of that range of dangerous. That what the peeled orange stickers were on there for. I tried to message the buyer back to try and get the horn sent back but he basically just ghosted me and never returned any of my messages or replies. I basically got scammed by a random stranger out of an entire horn and 100+ in refund fees. At that point me loosing $500 to a random scammer makes me certain that guy will catch a bad case of lukemia. Sucks for him.

Here's some images of that particular horn.
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (54.34 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
s-l5002.jpg
s-l5002.jpg (59.22 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
Here's the images of the horn after being manipulated from the scam.
image1.PNG
image2.PNG
I would just be careful with selling these things, People nowadays, especially after recent world events are taking advantage of innocent people just for their own benefit. This is why I don't sell on ebay anymore.
This user is deceased
FDDMS-er
Airchime Junior

Re: Refund Scammed Through Ebay (Buyer Stole Horn From Me)

Post by FDDMS-er »

The delights of Ebay.

Last month, I ran across some forgotten Viloco modulating horn valves that I had completely rebuilt about 20 years ago using seals from the last batch I had ordered directly from Vapor Corporation. I was going to have a buddy of mine sell them on Ebay to fund something else, but he is fed up with the scam artists (and now the IRS).

Sadly, the pitfalls are outweighing the advantages.
"There is nothing so stupid that nobody will collect it."
Railgeek Virgin Islands (USA)
Sandcast Senior

Post by Railgeek »

If the horn was actually radioactive, you would have broken a rule selling it on eBay. According to this page (https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/proh ... cy?id=4335) on eBay's website, you are not allowed to sell radioactive materials along with a lot of other dangerous goods on there.
-Reed Skyllingstad
www.PrecisionPartsNW.com
Flat Train United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Post by Flat Train »

Railgeek wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:06 am If the horn was actually radioactive, you would have broken a rule selling it on eBay. According to this page (https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/proh ... cy?id=4335) on eBay's website, you are not allowed to sell radioactive materials along with a lot of other dangerous goods on there.
I highly doubt it is, I don't know how a horn could be emitting potentially dangerous levels of radiation, furthermore, he is standing right next to the horn while taking pictures.
Airchime Junior

Post by Bradygoldminer »

The horn wasn't emitting "Lethal" amounts of radiation. It would be totally safe if you were to stand next to it for days at a time, But if you were near it like every day or having it under your vehicle and you constantly made long drives to places, then it would be an issue. It's all about exposure. For instance, If you were near the Chernobyl reactor after it had erupted, then yes it would basically be lethal if you were standing next to it. However, smoke detectors you put inside your house also have radioactive materials in them. But they don't harm anyone because its low levels of radiation. Like I said, It's all about exposure and levels. I bought the horn in question from a radium refinery that was going out of business in a different state along with some other goodies. It had crappy red rattlecan paint on it along with orange hazmat labels. The gentleman I spoke too that sold it to me said it wasn't a threat to anyone's safety, Therefor my claim has been proven. I decided to peel the orange stickers off and sell it to see what kind of idiots would have bid on it, and to my surprise, a lot of braindead people bid on it, Including that dumbass who won the auction and scammed me. It still pisses me off to this day that he got away with stealing that piece of scrap metal from me. If only I knew beforehand I would've just destroyed the horn in a video to intentionally irritate collectors, cause you know how nutty they are. For the good news though, I'm working on another project that I probably wont finish. They are anti horn theft mounts, Hopefully I'll get to the point of making them in the near future, cause I need to raise some money to help out one of my girlfriends are about to go homeless due to the recent hyper inflation in the economy! Thanks Biden...

Other than all that Jibber Jabber I'll attach a pic of the scrap horn after I bought it.
272876786_1604354506566640_9168735508348786547_n.jpg
From yours truly
This user is deceased
Mafarnz United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Post by Mafarnz »

There is no scam or fraud to be found here. Sellers on eBay are responsible for packing things well enough to make the trip once shipped. If it was lack of packing then that’s on you. If it was rough handling then you need to file an insurance claim with the carrier.
Maddie F
She/her
Long live the BN and the RS3K!
b2major9th United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by b2major9th »

I think those “radioactive waste” stickers are phony because they have a biohazard symbol on them. Nice try.
Airchime Junior

Post by Bradygoldminer »

Yes,
Everyone here is right! I made this post awhile back because I was upset, I am just a dumb teen anyway so my opinion really doesn't matter at this point anymore. I've since then learned how the adult lifestyle works and socialize properly after the TH&W group nonsense that I started like a year ago. I still wanted to apologize to Bryan, Erik and Mark from all those nonsense allegations I threw at them for no reason. In fact, I wish I could apologize to everyone that I caused problems with, cause I was just being an idiot in general. I don't feel like anything can fix how much collateral damage I've caused to this hobby and community. If anyone's still mad at me, you can yell at me if you want, I wont be mad, I totally understand. Sorry.
This user is deceased