Nathan K3 manifold

ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Nathan K3 manifold

Post by ITM83A »

Looking for a certain style manifold for my Nathan K3LA as its normal one is going to be to wide once I upgrade the driveshaft in my Jeep as I am all but touching the stock shaft and the other bell is touching the jeeps frame. Here is a pic of the style of manifold I am looking for on someone else's horn.
Nathanmanifold.jpg
Mafarnz United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Re: Nathan K3 manifold

Post by Mafarnz »

Those manifolds are very old and extremely rare, and on the very rare occasion you can find one they are priced accordingly.

If you are looking for the more compact mounting I would suggest get one of the K5H manifolds. They are cheap and easily found. You can tap and plug the air ports on the extra two bells. If that doesn’t work then you can cut the extra two bell mounts off and plug the air passageways in the manifold. It ends up looking exactly like what you are asking about without the cost and without stuffing a rare and valuable part under a vehicle.
Maddie F
She/her
Long live the BN and the RS3K!
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by Bradygoldminer »

Did Reed really acquire another J3?

Jeez, he has a ton of them. That's one of my favorite types of Airchime horn manifolds, All prototypical and beautiful. If I remember correctly, There was multiple versions of those 2+1 Manifolds, and there was only less than 15 dozen of them ever made. I could cast one if I wanted, I have a pattern for it, that I never used, but it would be until another few years until I could probably do that.

Other than all that, the manifold itself, with all the horn prices right now is worth more than an M5 itself alone. It would just be cheaper just to buy one of 4statetrucks horn with the similar manifold.
This user is deceased
ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

I knew it was rare, I will keep an eye open for one of the K5H manifolds. Ben R is seeing what it would cost him to machine me just an alum block to mount the bells like on the J manifold, then bolt it to the bottom of the Jeep, while not original Nathan, it would sold the problem and I can put the original manifold aside for safe keeping.
Railgeek Virgin Islands (USA)
Sandcast Senior

Post by Railgeek »

Expect to pay at least 500 dollars for the manifold alone if you can even find one. You would want an early K3 manifold as the J3 ones have a 1/4" cast in restrictor above the threads.

And Brady, this is my first complete J3, the other one I have is missing a #2 bell.
-Reed Skyllingstad
www.PrecisionPartsNW.com
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by Bradygoldminer »

Look Reed! your post is on my screen ;p

Here's the mould in question that I mentioned in the earlier reply.
IMG_3361.jpg
This user is deceased