Information please

Cajunman65 United States of America
Airchime Junior

Information please

Post by Cajunman65 »

Good afternoon,

I have several items I would like to sell. Problem is, is that I really don’t know what they are worth. Can I post them here and receive offers? I have pics of the items.

I have a set of Kahlenberg D-2 horns
Kelvin and Wilfrid O White binnacle compass
Carlisle and Finch searchlight (1948)
Engine room bell
International Flare Signal Co gun (1945) with aluminum carting can.

All seem to be in really good shape.
Thanks
Flat Train United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Re: Information please

Post by Flat Train »

Yes, you could list them here. I would suggest seeing what those items sell for on other sites before selling them, just so you don't accept a lowball. I would not go off ebay prices since they are almost always overpriced.
Airchime Junior

Post by Cajunman65 »

Thing is, is that I’ve looked all over and can’t find them. I’m just looking for some help appraising them. If you could give me some direction, I’d appreciate that. I have pics. All items are in excellent shape considering the age of them. The horns are super nice. Not a single dent. I do know the searchlight was purchased in 1948 from a company in New Orleans. I got a copy of the receipt. I sent a few emails to some antique dealers and salvage places, but they all wanna know how much I want. So I’m at a standstill.
Flat Train United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Post by Flat Train »

I would suggest posting this on the Train horns and whistles facebook group, as it is much more active and I'm sure some people can help you out, since I'm only familiar with train horns. I would also try antique railroad collectables group.
Airchime Junior

Post by Cajunman65 »

Thank you!