Aussie Rig (maiden voyage)

post about your latest project, useful tips or tricks, or feel free to ask questions.
WeGotAir Australia
Airchime Junior

Aussie Rig (maiden voyage)

Post by WeGotAir »

G'day mates!
Here's some pics and a vid of the first run in my new rig.
I had a Toyota Hilux for many years that used to carry 66 gallons of air out to my honking site and once it was finished I had to come back to town to recharge, just on 12 months ago I sold the hilux and bought a Holden Crewman utility, it's a 4 door sport truck for you Mericans, powered by a 5.7ltr LS1.
I didn't want to cut or drill anywhere in the Crewman so I opted for a small coverd go-kart trailer.

At present everything is strapped into place for testing and researching what works best then in the future things will bolted down and I'll set up for camping/horn honking out of the trailer.

It's got a 6.5hp petrol compressor spinning an 18cfm pump (actual output calculated at 12cfm) with a 70lrt tank feeding into a 100ltr surge tank.

The horn stand sports a new/old Viloco 206 valve at the moment and a Graham White bell valve, I've got a steel EMD bell bolted under the top deck and 4 10mm bolts threaded up through the deck to secure horns down for testing.

There's a 3/8 line between the compressor tank and surge tank then 5/8 line from the big tank through a 1/2" ball valve and 3/4BSP cam lock fittings as quick couplers (they flow more than the hose).

This system will evolve so stay tuned.

Cheers, Alex.

"We Got Air"
Attachments
20201026_120716.jpg
20201026_120521.jpg
Flat Train United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Re: Aussie Rig (maiden voyage)

Post by Flat Train »

Wow! Looks you got quite the setup! Next you need one of those oil tanks that the trucks pull, and then convert it into an air tank! :lol:
epederson United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by epederson »

Very cool and looking forward to the updates.
NickN Great Britain
Sandcast Senior

Post by NickN »

That looks like one nice setup, and not only means you can give some good long horn honks, but also do the whole experience with the bell as well.
A chime collector in a land of two-tone horns...