Horn Collecting

for all discussion about horns fitted to locomotives and trains, their history, and collecting them.
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Horn Collecting

Post by Bradygoldminer »

Well here I go I guess...

I believe it is time to force myself out of this god forsaken hobby. If anyone hasn't been keeping up with me recently, I'm getting really tired of this hobby... Like literally... I started collecting horns around I believe late 2015 to early 2016. I enjoyed the hobby for awhile until around late 2021, I joined that crazy FB group, awhile back (everyone probably knows what it is) and the people there are just absolute animals! The admin team is an absolute joke, and like half the people on that group are the ones unbolting horns from trains and reselling them for just these obscene prices, Not to mention the newer people getting into this hobby are making it even more worse. (like harassment wise) I had so many guys just unload their anger on me, when I post about something innocent. A few people even took it a step further and doxxed me (aka - leaking my home address and where I'm currently employed at) on that stupid horn group publicly to where others could see it. (I'm pretty sure those guys didn't even get banned because their friends with the admins). It's literally the most stupid thing I ever been through over dumb horns. Also, I stopped the entire development on MelodyChime or whatever you want to call it (aka the new and improved locomotive horn design that would have actually sounded better than the ones on trains now). I'm also probably going to end up purging all of the Melody horn drawings, That I have saved on my desktop, Cause the horn design wouldn't probably would be economical. It's gotten to a point if someone mentioned "locomotive horns" to me I would just feel like absolute garbage. So what's next? Getting rid of horns of course! I decided to strip down and recycle some of the rest of my horns / parts that I had lying around, Via a blast furnace. The rest of my good parts I'm trying to get rid of are going to some of my loyal friends that actually supported me in this hobby. (You know who you are). I also made a video of the destruction and melting process of the horn parts / scrap. I probably won't be messing with horns anymore due to how much they go for now and the people involved of course. So I guess sit back I guess and enjoy the horn destruction video.

I'm still trying to force myself out of this hobby, of course, I may make a few more posts on this forum before I hopefully stop posting entirely. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook here's my profile: (just don't mention horns to me) https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100075850486845

Oh yeah, By the way... None of my horns are for sale, so don't ask

As of now I guess good luck with everything.

-Brady

This user is deceased
C A WALSH United States of America
Airchime Junior

Re: Horn Collecting

Post by C A WALSH »

Hay Man Dont give up. We all got differant ways of seeing things. Its not right or wrong, just differant. Theres lots of great kind folks in the horn community. Stay off facebook!!!!
Brady, I like the way ya think. You have great dreams and a wonderfull imagination. Work hard, BELIEVE in YOURSELF and thay will come true.
Good Luck you can do it!!!!
Smiles I believe in ya.
Chris