Facebook scam seller

for all discussion about horns fitted to locomotives and trains, their history, and collecting them.
epederson United States of America
Airchime Junior

Facebook scam seller

Post by epederson »

Hello all. I’m addressing the community here on the HWB in regards to the FB scam seller as I do not have a FB account. Although I do not have a voice on FB, I’ve heard that friends and others in the community vouched for me in my defense, for which I am grateful. I am addressing this problem since at least one person has fallen victim to the scammer, in which they paid $ to the scammer as a deposit. I do not have a FB account. It appears that the scammer screen shot photos and video from my IG page. I see there were photos from other collections as well. If I were to sell any horns they would be posted here on the HWB, assuming the horns for sale have already been passed upon after being offered to friends and those close on the inner circle. I’m attaching a screen shot of the conversation I had today with the gentleman that sent money to the scammer. I left out his name for his privacy but he explains how the scammer made the sale seem legitimate. In a community as tight-knit as our own I’d say it’s easy for us to determine if someone is credible and know when there are red flags. Let’s keep losers like this scammer out of our business so people don’t get ripped off anymore.
Happy Holidays everyone.

EP
AC716064-ADC1-4AD0-96EB-85DE399A3A4E.jpeg
Mafarnz United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Re: Facebook scam seller

Post by Mafarnz »

If you’re buying from somebody unknown, it’s best to use PayPal goods and services or something similar, that has buyer protection built into it.
Maddie F
She/her
Long live the BN and the RS3K!
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Re: Facebook scam seller

Post by Bradygoldminer »

Sounds about right for the degeneracy on FB, that's why I deleted my account. I may make some more throw away alt accounts to stalk the TH&W group. I have done many sketchy deals in the past from horn sellers all over the world. That's how I bought Maddie's Stratahorn 660 before it selling to her. That was the most absolute most horrible transaction I've ever done overseas, you just need experience with doing these kind of things. The company that was selling it wanted to charge me around $500.00 or something to ship that tiny 2 pound horn to the U.S which started an argument with the seller. My mother had to end up getting involved cause she was good at negotiating with people. Maddie, you should be extremely happy with that little 660, it was a pain in the ass to get it here lol.
This user is deceased