Hornblasters announcing they have acquired Leslie horns

for all discussion about horns fitted to locomotives and trains, their history, and collecting them.
Mafarnz United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Hornblasters announcing they have acquired Leslie horns

Post by Mafarnz »

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... w5yytknB2k

Not sure if this legitimate, and I really, REALLY hope its not, but if true this means Hornblasters has acquired and will start making Leslie horns.
Maddie F
She/her
Long live the BN and the RS3K!
Bradygoldminer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Re: Hornblasters announcing they have acquired Leslie horns

Post by Bradygoldminer »

This is the most terrible thing I've ever heard...

I know that it would be nice and all to own the Leslie horn division, but leslie horns are designed just horribly... a terrible decision on Matthews part. I'm currently developing a prototype locomotive horn for my own purposes to replace the junkier ones on trains nowadays. This horn I've come up with is like insanity... like this horn is like hella efficient and will basically knock all the other horn companies out of the horn business, unless I license them to make the damn things. Other than all the nonsense, I know Matthew was really pissed off at me for mentioning that "if you look up stolen locomotive horns for sale on google that HornBlasters is the first website you see" :lol:

Oh yeah, one more thing Maddie, if your interested, when I get all my horn development completed, ill send you some samples of these horn units if you want, if I ever complete my prototype horn design.

- Brady
This user is deceased
Sandcast Senior

Post by Mafarnz »

I’d definitely love to test out samples if you ever get them made!
Maddie F
She/her
ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

Its only a good thing if they make the parts more easily purchased, especially diaphragms for the RS heads. Or better yet, design up a more rugged power head design or go back to the earlier design dome backed power heads instead of the RS with that rubber edged diaphragm. I love the styling of Leslie horns, but there are an expensive pain in the ass to fix or keep sounding on all bells. Nathans are just much more rugged and trouble free, which is what RR's want and are cheaper than the competing Leslie. Best of luck to him if he truly now owns the horn division of Leslie.
hornblasters_Spencer United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by hornblasters_Spencer »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304567908575

Leslie RS Series Diaphragm - Genuine - Set of 5 - New- No Reserve
Sandcast Senior

Post by Mafarnz »

Listed less than 24 hours ago and almost $600. Absolutely insane. Hornblasters you guys had a great chance to revive a once fantastic brand and offer replacement parts for reasonable prices, but have instead gone as greedy as you possibly could. Once again your reputation is quite predictable of your behavior as a company.
Maddie F
She/her
Mäk Eldwïne United States of America
Airchime Junior

Post by Mäk Eldwïne »

This is why I'm wanting to leave this hobby... People that pull off "corporate" shit like this deserve to be ran out of business. Hornblasters has always made this hobby horrible for everyone. I had the genius Idea awhile back to make a bunch of throwaway eBay accounts that run on their own just to make fraudulent bids that outbid people by a lot, so nobody would waste their money on all these garbage horn parts. At this point all the tooling and dies would be cheaper to mass produce those diaphragms, than how much the current bid is.

Thanks a lot Matthew,
I know some secrets your trying to hide about your business that you want no one to hear, Including Hiring people to steal horns for you to refurbish and resell for absurd prices And Trying to manipulate the horn market to cause a hyper inflation. Oh yeah lets not forget about the time when Matthew Intentionally hit somebody with his "luxury" car and pushed all the blame on the innocent woman that didn't even do anything wrong (which was caught all on camera by the way).

God bless the future of the horn industry.
This user is deceased