Leslie A200 mounted on my Jeep, and my Prime 8911 beacon

for all discussion about horns fitted to locomotives and trains, their history, and collecting them.
ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Leslie A200 mounted on my Jeep, and my Prime 8911 beacon

Post by ITM83A »

Decided to mount up the A200 to my roof basket on my Jeep, just inboard of the Hi-lift jack. Its bolted down nice and tight with the DOT connector for the air line easily accessable to be plumbed up with air(thats gonna be a project to get air up there). Then for the whole "locomotive" look, I set my Prime 8911 beacon with its original mounting plate next to it. Its not fastened down yet, not sure if I will do that. I like the horn up there but worry about theft. I dont think the law would know it from a semi truck honker horn. I do storm chase, so the beacon would get used if I mounted it up there. I have a higher profile 8901 beacon but it requries 74vdc right now to flash. Hope to change that in the future with some help from a gentleman here. Here are some pics, thoughts and opinions? The horn is much safer from road salt/debris and I will be taking this offroad once the lift is installed, so this location is probably better than under where the spare tire is now. Mike
locomotivehornadict United States of America
Airchime Junior

Re: Leslie A200 mounted on my Jeep, and my Prime 8911 beacon

Post by locomotivehornadict »

Hi Mike Ya right ROAD SALT IS EVEL. Ive seen some beautiful horns distroyed by salt when mounted underneath. I made a quick mount on my headboard for winter salt and cover the horn in salty conditions. Ya got the best way to sport a horn in winter.
ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Re: Leslie A200 mounted on my Jeep, and my Prime 8911 beacon

Post by ITM83A »

I like it up there, my wife.....not so much. I took both off for right now. I will mount the A200 under where the spare is during the warmer months, then take it off for the winter time most likely. The beacon will go back on as soon as I figure out secure mounting to the wire basket, need it for storm spotting as we are almost into severe weather season here in Indiana. Mike