Prime 8911 Beacon catalog page

including lights, air bells, e-bells, crossing bells, pressure gauges.
ITM83A United States of America
Airchime Junior

Prime 8911 Beacon catalog page

Post by ITM83A »

Here are pics of an original Prime 8911 beacon light catalog page that went in a 3 ring binder type catalog. All this type of stuff went in the dumpster when Prime was bought out. Mike
Railgeek Virgin Islands (USA)
Sandcast Senior

Re: Prime 8911 Beacon catalog page

Post by Railgeek »

Thanks for these. I have a 8911 with an Arduino powering the lights, since the original board burnt up. I was previously using one of your videos to get the flash rate correct. Now it's all clear what it should be from the factory. 👍
-Reed Skyllingstad
www.PrecisionPartsNW.com
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

Not long after I got my 8911 it just up and quit working. I had a local electrical engineer go thru the circuit and he found a single cold soldered joint that had failed and it cut power to the circuit. So it the board didnt look "burnt up", it might not have been. I have been trying to find a beat up light to salvage the circuit out of so I can make my older 8901 flash again. But an ardino set up might be in its future. I just wish I could get the same wattage brightness at 12 volts that the original 88 watt bulbs on 74vdc had. I wonder how some LED sealed beam floods would work..hmmm, the price keeps coming down on them to. I have 36 watt, 12vdc sealed beam flood lamps in my 8911 right now. Has worked like that for years now. It looks huge on top of my Jeep Liberty when I set it up there. Most times it just gathers dust up on a shelf. Mike
Railgeek Virgin Islands (USA)
Sandcast Senior

Post by Railgeek »

This one was definitely burnt up. So much so that you could see right through the board.

-Reed Skyllingstad
www.PrecisionPartsNW.com
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

Yep, thats burnt up good, must have had something go wrong on the high voltage side of the board or the step down transformer. Wonder what happened to all the spare parts Prime had when they got bought out? I dont fire mine up much these days, once and a while to just to see if it still works. Its huge sitting on top of my Jeep Liberty. I used to have one of the Saturn strobes like the Soo Line used on some engines. Those were made by Unity mfg. Locomotive lights are one of my collecting desires, just very hard to find then hard to afford! I can find horns easier, but still hard to afford! Mike
Flat Train United States of America
Sandcast Senior

Post by Flat Train »

I love earlier manuals/catalogs. Where did you get them?
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

When they cleaned out the old catalogs at the short line I was a "gopher" at. They threw out the Prime catalog binder. I saved this one page, but sure wish I had kept the whole 3 ring binder catalog!!
Airchime Junior

Post by ITM83A »

I am wondering if that circuit got wet? Like the dome got busted and they left the light powered up. Thats all it would take is rain water wicking in via the wires to the lamps and getting the board wet. At that high of a voltage, Poof! Anyhow, here is a pic of my 8911, which is now mounted up there since I took the pic, along with my Leslie A200 horn. I have the original BN made 1/8 inch plate steel mounting plate, which is fastened to the basket, then the rubber iso feet bolt to that. I am afraid of the road salt and offroad risk to the horn to mount it under the back of the jeep up in the cubby where the spare tire is now. Have to see if I get messed with for having it up on the rack. Just a bit semi truck horn to most probably since its not a chime style horn that screams train horn.